Website of Sergio España
HEAVILY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
(Both the website and me)
I am a research fellow at Research Centre on Software Production Methods (PROS), Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV), Spain. PhD in Computer Science from UPV, 2011.
You can contact me by phone, fax, post mail, email or blackmail.
My office is here:Centro de Investigación PROSDepartamento de Sistemas Informáticos y Computación (DSIC), Edificio 1F, lab 104Camino de Vera SNUniversitat Politècnica de València46009 ValenciaSpain
About my research
My research interest lies primarily on Information Systems (ISs) development. Within that area, I mainly focus on Business Process Modelling and Requirements Engineering approaches. Most of my work is related to the model-driven development paradigm (metamodelling, model transformations, notation design, etc.).
Communication Analysis offers expressive modelling techniques, useful reasoning tools and a neat structure for requirements specifications. Therefore it is a suitable approach for the requirements elicitation stage of the integrated method.
The OO-Method proposes to model the computerised IS from a platform-independent viewpoint and it offers powerful model-to-code transformations. Therefore it is a suitable approach for the design and implementation stages of the integrated method.
We have developed a prototype tool that allows creating Communication Analysis requirements models and and automatically transform them into UML 2.0 Class Diagrams. We have used Eclipse (EMF+GMF) and ATL Transformation Language.
Other research interests are interface design, methodological quality, empirical software engineering and model transformations.
About my teaching
- We have offered several tutorials and keynotes that focus on a full model-driven development method, starting with a communication-oriented requirements engineering and business process modelling stage, following with an object-oriented conceptual modelling stage, and ending up with automatic multi-platform code generation.
- CAiSE 2012 (web), tutorial, along with Óscar Pastor (see slides).
- RCIS 2012 (web), tutorial, along with Arturo González (see slides).
- CLEI 2012 (web), tutorial, along with Marcela Ruiz.
- CIIS 2012 (web), keynote (see slides).
- In December 2012 I also gave this talk twice in Chile
- I am preparing some e-learning material; more information to come.
- Requirements engineering, part of the Master in Project Management with SAP-PS at UPV (web) (2012-2013)
- Introducción a la informática (Introduction to computer science) (2008-2009)
- Introducción a las computadoras (Introduction to computers) (2007-2008, 2008-2009)
- Requisitos de uso y diseño de interfaz (Usage requirements and interface design) (2006-2007, 2007-2008)